The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but makes our life in harmony with all existence.
PROJECTS 2022 - 2023
-Inspiration for eco-activists
The ACF / 796 project is being implemented with the financial support of EUR 85,650 provided by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway under the Active Citizens Fund Bulgaria within the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area . The main goal of the project is to create and implement an innovative sustainable model for training eco-activists in real functioning educational eco-communities.
In September 2021 the association "Hope for us-2008" started the implementation of the project "Educational eco- communities - inspiration for eco-activists" in partnership with the association "Trinoga", URA GORA Foundation and the association "Ladies Invite"
Funded by Active citizens fund of EEA GRANTS (2015-2021)
The project addresses several deficits related to the organization of environmentally oriented activities in Bulgaria: First, the lack of natural learning environment and established technology for the dissemination of practical knowledge and skills for environmental protection and restoration in Bulgaria. The project responds to the real need of many young people to learn to be active citizens through real action in the natural environment. The Covid 19 pandemic reinforced this attitude.
- Over the years, the eco-groups involved in the project have gradually become self-sustainable eco-communities training volunteers, but this is still happening spontaneously.
- Second, environmental activities are always organized as short-term actions that do not cover natural processes in their completeness. Living in the nature and caring for certain areas of it, implementing recreational and conservative agriculture, the project partners eco-communities show how nature care must become a systematic and sustainable activity to be able to effectively combat climate change.
- Third, eco-activist groups and communities still do not interact enough with each other and with local communities and authorities and do not actively participate in the development and implementation of eco-educational policies in Bulgaria. New waves of environmental activists need to learn how to do this in practice.
In the short term, the project will train 100 young activists in 4 educational eco-communities, promote their activities and support their interaction with local communities and authorities. In the long run, a new sustainable educational environment will be created, offering a model for effective and sustainable learning for young people wishing to develop environmental activities.
to Download Handbook for Eco-activists BG
Handbook for Trainers of Eco-activists BG
Training model for Eco-activists BG
This publication was created with the financial support of Active Citizens Fund Bulgaria under the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area. All responsibility for the content of the publication is carried by the „Hope for us “association and under no circumstances it can be accepted, that this video reflects the official opinion of the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area and the Operator of the Active Citizens Fund Bulgaria.
The TGI project is funded by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ KA2. The main goal of the project is to create and implement an innovative sustainable model for training youngsters in social entrepreneurship and development of green business ideas for environmental protection.
In October 2022 the association "Hope for us-2008" started the implementation of the project "TransGreen Inspiration" in partnership with the association "Natural Perspective" from North Macedonia.
Project “TransGreen Inspiration”
Funded by Erasmus +
The objectives of the TGI project are :
- To increase the number of socially aware active European citizens in the short and long term by developing a training model for Young Social Entrepreneurs in the area of environmental protection and by spreading the values of sustainability;
- To developing two forward-looking learning centres: the project aims to support both partners to develop as educational eco-hubs in the nature;
- To support the inclusion of target groups with fewer opportunities;
- To build up the capacity of both partners through exchange of good practices and cooperation for the elaboration and implementation of the training model for Young social entrepreneurs.
coordinator contact details: Monika Nikolaeva +359 877 116 776
“Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the NA. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.”